Acabei de encomendar o livro Cisco Firewall escrito pelo Alexandre Matos. O livro parece ser bem interessante e tem um boa crítica por aí. Vejam o mini curriculum dele:
Alexandre Matos da Silva Pires de Moraes, CCIE No. 6063, has worked as a Systems Engineer for Cisco Brazil since 1998 in projects that involve not only Security and VPN technologies but also Routing Protocol and Campus Design, IP Multicast Routing, and MPLS Networks Design. He coordinated a team of Security engineers in Brazil and holds the CISSP, CCSP, and three CCIE certifications (Routing/Switching, Security, and Service Provider). A frequent speaker at Cisco Live, he holds a degree in electronic engineering from the Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica (ITA – Brazil).
voltando ao livro, ele aborda os seguintes tópicos:
- Create advanced security designs utilizing the entire Cisco firewall product family
- Choose the right firewalls based on your performance requirements
- Learn firewall configuration fundamentals and master the tools that provide insight about firewall operations
- Properly insert firewalls in your network’s topology using Layer 3 or Layer 2 connectivity
- Use Cisco firewalls as part of a robust, secure virtualization architecture
- Deploy Cisco ASA firewalls with or without NAT
- Take full advantage of the classic IOS firewall feature set (CBAC)
- Implement flexible security policies with the Zone Policy Firewall (ZPF)
- Strengthen stateful inspection with antispoofing, TCP normalization, connection limiting, and IP fragmentation handling
- Use application-layer inspection capabilities built into Cisco firewalls
- Inspect IP voice protocols, including SCCP, H.323, SIP, and MGCP
- Utilize identity to provide user-based stateful functionality
- Understand how multicast traffic is handled through firewalls
- Use firewalls to protect your IPv6 deployments
Parabéns ao Alexandre pelo excelente trabalho e espero encontrá-lo para um bate papo rápido para o blog e quem sabe, para o videocast do coruja de ti.
Atualizei: Este post foi editado a pedido do autor, Alexandre Matos. Respeito o seu trabalho.