- 2.2 billion – Number of email users worldwide.
- 144 billion – Total email traffic per day worldwide.
- 61% – Share of emails that were considered non-essential.
- 4.3 billion – Number of email clients worldwide in 2012.
- 35.6% – Usage share of the most popular email client, which was Mail for iOS.
- 425 million – Number of active Gmail users globally, making it the leading email provider worldwide.
- 68.8% – Percentage of all email traffic that was spam.
- 50.76% – Percentage of all spam that was about pharmaceuticals, the top category of all spam.
- 0.22% – Share of worldwide emails that comprised some form of phishing attack.
Quem se lembra da infoexame com a matéria de capa – A morte do e-mail ?!
Web pages, websites, and web hosting
- 634 million – Number of websites (December).
- 51 million – Number of websites added during the year.
- 43% – Share of the top 1 million websites that are hosted in the U.S.
- 48% – Share of the the top 100 blogs that run WordPress.
- 75% – Share of the top 10,000 websites that are served by open source software.
- 87.8 million – Number of Tumblr blogs.
- 17.8 billion – Number of page views for Tumblr.
- 59.4 million – Number of WordPress sites around the world.
- 3.5 billion – Number of webpages run by WordPress viewed each month.
- 37 billion – Number of pageviews for Reddit.com in 2012.
- 35% – The average web page became this much larger during 2012.
- 4% – The average web page became this much slower to load during 2012.
- 191 million – Number of visitors to Google Sites, the number 1 web property in the U.S. in November.
O WordPress continua como líder do mercado de CMS. Não está na hora do time de desenvolvimento deles adotar uma política mais segura quanto ao desenvolvimento de novos plugins ?
- -6.7% – Decline in the number of Apache websites in 2012.
- 32.4% – Growth in the number of IIS websites in 2012.
- 36.4% – Growth in the number of NGINX websites in 2012.
- 15.9% – Growth in the number of Google websites in 2012.
Estes números não são tão confiáveis devido ao hardening feitos nos servidores Web, que tem o objetivo de esconder o nome e a versão dos mesmos. Fiquei um tanto que assustado quanto ao crescimento de mais de 30% do IIS. Caramba, o povo (administradores web) não percebeu que esse webserver é engessado ?
O crescimento do Nginx era de se esperar. Ele está assumindo o lugar de muitos apaches e IIS devido a sua alta performance.
E a Google continua com o seu maravilhoso plano de dominação Global.
- 246 million – Number of domain name registrations across all top-level domains.
- 104.9 million – Number of country code top-level domain name registrations.
- 329 – Number of top level domains.
- 100 million – Number of .com domain names at the end of 2012.
- 14.1 million – Number of .net domain names at the end of 2012.
- 9.7 million – Number of .org domain names at the end of 2012.
- 6.7 million – Number of .info domain names at the end of 2012.
- 2.2 million – Number of .biz domain names at the end of 2012.
- 32.44% – Market share for GoDaddy.com, the biggest domain name registrar in the world.
- $2.45 million – The price for Investing.com, the most expensive domain name sold in 2012.
Empresas como registro.br estão rindo à toa. Dinheiro fácil, muito fácil.
- 2.4 billion – Number of Internet users worldwide.
- 1.1 billion – Number of Internet users in Asia.
- 519 million – Number of Internet users in Europe.
- 274 million – Number of Internet users in North America.
- 255 million – Number of Internet users in Latin America / Caribbean.
- 167 million – Number of Internet users in Africa.
- 90 million – Number of Internet users in the Middle East.
- 24.3 million – Number of Internet users in Oceania / Australia.
- 565 million – Number of Internet users in China, more than any other country in the world.
- 42.1% – Internet penetration in China.
hum instante da atenção de vocês para os seguintes dados:
1.1 bilhão de usuários na China estão conectados e um pouco mais de 40% da população. Tem coisa errada aí.
Segundo o Google, a China possui 1.3 bilhão de ambientes. Quer dizer, ainda há um EUA de usuários para se conquistar ou o censo Chinês está errado ?
Estamos falando de mais de 1bilhão de pessoas que não foram contabilizadas ?!
- 85,962 – Number of monthly posts by Facebook Pages in Brazil, making it the most active country on Facebook.
- 1 billion – Number of monthly active users on Facebook, passed in October.
- 47% – Percentage of Facebook users that are female.
- 40.5 years – Average age of a Facebook user.
- 2.7 billion – Number of likes on Facebook every day.
- 24.3% – Share of the top 10,000 websites that have Facebook integration.
- 200 million – Monthly active users on Twitter, passed in December.
- 819,000+ – Number of retweets of Barack Obama’s tweet “Four more years”, the most retweets ever.
- 327,452 – Number of tweets per minute when Barack Obama was re-elected, the most ever.
- 729,571 – Number of messages per minute when the Chinese microblogging service Sina Weibo saw 2012 finish and 2013 start.
- 9.66 million – Number of tweets during the opening ceremony of the London 2012 olympics.
- 175 million – Average number of tweets sent every day throughout 2012.
- 37.3 years – Average age of a Twitter user.
- 307 – Number of tweets by the average Twitter user.
- 51 – Average number of followers per Twitter user.
- 163 billion – the number of tweets since Twitter started, passed in July.
- 123 – Number of heads of state that have a Twitter account.
- 187 million – Number of members on LinkedIn (September).
- 44.2 years – Average age of a Linkedin user.
- 135 million – Number of monthly active users on Google+.
- 5 billion – How many times per day the +1 button on Google+ is used.
- 20.8% – Usage share of HootSuite as a social media management tool among the world’s top 100 brands.
Mais 3 anos para o Twitter sumir do planeta se nada for feito quanto a uma melhora de sua plataforma. Anotem isso. Ele pode se tornar o novo Orkut..
- 1.2 trillion – Number of searches on Google in 2012.
- 67% – Google’s market-leading share of the U.S. search market (December).
- 1 – The top trending question of the year on Ask.com: “Will Rob and Kristen get back together?”
- 1.1 billion – Number of global smartphone subscribers.
- 6.7 billion – Number of mobile subscriptions.
- 5 billion – Number of mobile phone users.
- 5.3 billion – Number of mobile handsets.
- 1.3 billion – Number of smartphones in use worldwide by end of 2012.
- 465 million – Number of Android smartphones sold in 2012, a 66% market share.
- 31% – Percentage of the U.S. Internet population that used a tablet or e-reader.
- 13% – Mobile share of global Internet traffic.
- 5 billion – Number of mobile broadband subscriptions.
- 1.3 exabytes – Estimated global mobile data traffic per month in 2012.
- 59% – Share of global mobile data traffic that was video.
- 500 megabytes – Amount of monthly data traffic consumed by the average smartphone.
- 504 kbps – The average mobile network connection speed globally (all handsets).
- 1,820 kbps – The average mobile network connection speed globally (smartphones).
Smart phones se tornaram o segundo computador de boa parte da população, onde os tablets já são os primeiros para muita gente. Faltou uma análise quanto ao crescimento de usuários/tablets no mundo.. 🙁
- 14 million – Number of Vimeo users.
- 200 petabytes – Amount of video played on Vimeo during 2012.
- 150,648,303 – Number of unique visitors for video to Google Sites, the number one video property (September).
- 1 billion – PSY’s Gangnam Style video became the first online video to reach 1 billion views (currently just over 1.1 billion) and it achieved it in just 5 months.
- 2.7 billion – Number of views of videos uploaded to YouTube tagged Obama or Romney during the 2012 U.S. election cycle
- 2.5 million – Number of hours of news-related video that was uploaded to YouTube.
- 8 million – The number of concurrent viewers of the lifestream of Felix Baumgartner’s jump from the edge of space, the most ever on YouTube.
- 4 billion – Number of hours of video we watched on YouTube per month.
- 60 million – Number of global viewers monthly on Ustream.
- 16.8 million – Number of total viewers in a 24 hour period for a video on Ustream, the most ever.
- 181.7 million – Number of total unique viewers of online video in the U.S. during December.
As smart tv dominarão o mercado, dentro e breve. A programação de televisão será mais objetiva. Comerciais serão menores – 5 minutos no máximo – e a monitoração do público será mais precisa, dando assim um melhor retorno aos anunciantes.
- 7 petabytes – How much photo content Facebook added every month.
- 300 million – Number of new photos added every day to Facebook.
- 5 billion – The total number of photos uploaded to Instagram since its start, reached in September 2012.
- 58 – Number of photos uploaded every second to Instagram.
- 1 – Apple iPhone 4S was the most popular camera on Flickr.
Post em blog sem imagem é igual a jornal preto e branco. Vc passa os olhos e só..